“I am very proud that my child belongs to such a thriving school. We have a great school.” ~ Taken from a letter from a parent
At Arbour Vale School we believe that partnership with parents is fundamental to our ethos, principles and beliefs. The knowledge, views and experience of parents are a critical part of the assessment process, thus ensuring that their children receive the best possible education.
We involve parents in a variety of ways...
- Involving parents in our initial assessment of their child before writing their Individual Educational Plan
- Regular review of the Individual Education Plan with parents
- Home school contact through the home/school books or by telephone
- Informal meetings with the class teacher
- Home visits
- Through our home school agreements
- Through Open Evenings three times a year
- Through the process by which the Statement of Educational Needs/EHC is reviewed, this includes a written contribution and a meeting with parents
- Courses for parents, such as Makaton training and Earlybird courses for parents of pre-school children with autism
- Parents helping in school
Our pupils succeed best when we are able to work in partnership with parents.